Our headquarters received a Gold Rating by the National LEED program as well as a four-star rating by the Austin Energy Green Building Program. These efficient, cost-saving efforts enable us to direct more funds to programmatic activities that positively impact the lives of cancer survivors and those affected by cancer.
- Maximizing use of exterior space for vegetation, using native plants and an efficient water system that will keep water consumption up to 50 percent below average
- Low-flow faucets and toilets to reduce water usage by 30 percent
- Taking extra precautions to ensure adequate storm water management and quality control to capture and use 90 percent of the average annual rainfall on-site
- A glass and steel roof that maximizes natural light and minimizes energy use
- Taking advantage of green power options with Austin Energy to buy energy from environmentally friendly and efficient sources, accounting for 50 percent of the building's non-renewable energy needs
- Reused 95 percent of the building waste during remodeling to minimize impact on local landfills