Focus Areas & Funding Priorities
Projects and organizations funded must also directly support the Livestrong mission and the mission of the Livestrong Cancer Institutes and should not be at odds with either mission. Livestrong focus areas and funding priorities include:
- Post-treatment care
- Patient and caregiver education
- Comprehensive quality of life services
- Streamlining systems and care
More information about our focus areas can be viewed here.
Eligibility of Grantseekers
- Organizations are based in the U.S. with valid Tax ID #.
- Organizations have been established for at least one year. No restrictions for reapplication for both successful and unsuccessful grantseekers.
- Organizations can apply for both types of grants each funding cycle (i.e. Livestrong Acceleration Grants OR Livestrong Transformation Grants).
- All projects must be aligned with the Livestrong mission, Livestrong Cancer Institutes mission and funding areas/priorities.
- Projects must have been established for longer than nine months.
- Projects must demonstrate how they currently generate impact.
- Projects must have measurable outcomes, and be sustainable for the duration of the grant.
- Livestrong Transformation Grant projects also need to be scalable over the duration of the grant.
Livestrong Grants Does Not Support
- Grants to individuals.
- Projects outside the United States of America.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes.
- Candidates for political office or lobbying of any kind.
- Event fundraisers or sponsorships.
- Clinical research projects.
- Debt reduction.
- Organizations that discriminate in policy or in practice on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected classification.
Award Amounts & Key Dates
Livestrong Acceleration Grants
- Several annual grants
- Award amounts between
Livestrong Transformation Grants
- Smaller number of multi-year grants
- Total award amounts between
December 16, 2019
Online application portal opens for all submissions.
February 21, 2020
Deadline for submissions for expression of interest applications, via online portal.
April 13, 2020
Deadline for submissions for finalist applications, via online portal.
May 1, 2020
Grant recipients announced.
May 31, 2020
Grant payments made.
9 Months Later
Interim status reports due.
End of Project
Project evaluation report due.
All applications for funding must be submitted online, via the grants management platform. The most recent application period ended on February 21, 2020.Login to Grants Portal